One Minute Meditation (Omm)
- Sit on a chair (or on the floor) in a quiet space with your feet flat on the floor. Sit with your back not resting on the back of the chair, if possible. This will help you relax but stay alert.
- Rest your hands on the joint between your leg and your hips with the palms facing upwards.
- Imagine a string from above your head attached to the very top of your head gently pulling you up. This will help you keep your spine straight so peace can flow through your spine.
- Close your eyes and gently look up to the point between your eyebrows. This will help you to keep upright and also prevent you from falling asleep. If your eyes drift away just come back to this position.
- Become aware of your breath going in and out of your body. Do not try to control it, just observe it. When you inhale say the word ‘Peace’ in your mind without moving your mouth or making a sound.
- When you exhale say the word ‘Now’ in your mind without moving your mouth or making a sound.
- Continue repeating Peace Now as described above for one minute or more.
- This meditation can be done standing up as well, such as when you’re waiting for the kettle to boil, coffee machine or microwave. Just simply stand upright without leaning on the counter and follow the Peace Now Meditation from step three.
- Remember to use the Peacetime.world timer to record your creation of a peaceful moment.
- You can also have a look at the Peace Now Meditation tutorial on this link.
- Every word has meaning and power. You can substitute ‘Peace’ and ‘Now’ with other words that are personal to you that create a peaceful state of mind.